has started opening its locations in the U.S. and Canada for Halloween 2013. Spirit Halloween has over 1,000 stores. The creepy specialty retailer is celebrating its 30th year this season.
Steven Silverstein, President and CEO, Spirit Halloween, says in a release, "For the past 30 years, we've led the way in Halloween trends and we're excited to continue that tradition this year. Halloween enthusiasts will find anything and everything needed for the long weekend of celebrations this year. Spirit Halloween offers the widest variety of costume options and best products in the market."
Spirit has also revealed the following 10 costume trends for 2013:
Photo: Spirit Halloween
- Superheros, like Batman, Superman, Spider Man and the Avengers (Iron Man)
- The Walking Dead
- Disney Junior characters from popular shows like Doc McStuffings, Sofia the First and Jake & the Never Land Pirates
- Cartoon Network: Adventure Land and Regular Show
- Monster High
- Disney Princesses including new characters like Brave's Merida and classics like Cinderella
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Day of the Dead
- Toy Story