The Daily Mail reports
that the Redlove Era apple has arrived in Britain. The fruit trees are available for purchase in Britain, but it will be a year before the fruit hits supermarket shelves in the country. The apple is red on both the outside and the inside. The apple's red flesh also will not turn brown like that of other apples. The Daily Mail
says Mark Kobert, a Swiss fruit grower, spent 20 years cross-pollinating apples to come up with the Redlove. The BBC reports
that the Redlove was "created through the cross-pollination of Royal Gala and Braeburn apples as well as a secret variety that has pink flesh."
Suttons secured exclusive rights to sell the fruit trees in Britain. You can find the product listing here
on Suttons.co.uk. The product listing says the apple is high in antioxidants and is crip and juicy tasting.
- Uniquely coloured - Rosy-red flesh with a beautiful pattern running through it
- Deliciously tasty - Crisp and juicy with a hint of berries
- Even better for you - Higher in antioxidants than other apples
- Disease resistant - Exceptionally high resistance to scab
- Attractive in the garden - Unusual, long-lasting, deep pink spring blossom
- Versatile in the kitchen - Delicious eaten raw but also ideal for cooking (it retains its red colour)
A video here
shows the pretty red/pink blooms of the Redlove Era trees.