Haagen-Dazs has announced plans to launch a line of gelato. Haagen-Dazs Gelato will launch in April 2013 with seven flavors. The gelato will cost $4.79 for a 14 oz. carton. Here is a list of the launch flavors:
- Stracciatella Gelato - chocolaty shavings folded into smooth, sweet cream gelato.
- Sea Salt Caramel Gelato - ribbons of sea salt caramel blended into creamy caramel gelato.
- Dark Chocolate Chip Gelato - a blend of bittersweet chocolaty chips in dark chocolate gelato.
- Vanilla Bean Gelato - a blend of vanilla gelato with flecks of vanilla beans.
- Cappuccino Gelato - a blend of cappuccino and sweet cream gelato.
- Limoncello Gelato - a blend of creamy lemon gelato with vodka.
- Black Cherry Amaretto Gelato - a blend of delicious black cherries with amaretto, an Italian liqueur.
Cady Behles, Haagen-Dazs brand manager, said in a statement, "As the first super premium national brand to offer gelato, we wanted to make sure we got every detail exactly right by providing those who know and love our brand with the perfect expression of the Italian experience."
Photo: The Haagen-Dazs Brand