Sir Jonathan Ive And Marc Newson collaborated with Bono on a new (RED) auction. The collection curated by Ive and Newson will be sold at Sotheby's New York on November 23. 2013. Proceeds will go towards the fight against AIDS in Africa. The collection is led by two new and unique works created by Ive and Newson and produced by Leica and Neal Feay Studios. Here are some of the items up for sale at the auction:
- a unique Leica Digital Rangefinder Camera
- a unique aluminum desk produced by Neal Feay Studios.
- a Steinway & Sons Parlor Grand Piano and a 2012 Range Rover, both customized by Jony and Marc
- a unique version of Hermes' iconic Cavale saddle created in red leather with custom red stitching
- a one-of-a-kind pair of classic Apple EarPods in solid rose gold
- a Russian cosmonaut suit
- a pair of Damien Hirst 'Spin Chairs' designed by Jasper Morrison
- a custom Jaeger-LeCoultre Atmos "561" Clock with unique red accents created for the auction
- a Dom Perignon OEnotheque 1966 Magnum with custom red foil label, red ice bucket cooler and limited edition protective case.
Bono said in a statement, "When you think of Jony and Marc, you think of design which is both iconic and sublime. Those two words can be applied to the unique collection of objects on the auction block this November. Each bang of that hammer will be raising critical dollars to fight AIDS… by getting medication to mothers with HIV which means they will not pass the virus on to their newborns."