DealNews has revealed its 2013 Black Friday predictions. The predictions include a continued downward trend for HDTVs as we have seen in previous Black Fridays.
DealNews sees 32-inch HDTVs hitting a low of $179 on Black Friday and 47-inch HDTVs starting at $269. There will be great deals on 55-inch HDTVs as well with both regular and 3D versions selling at a low of around $425 to $429. In the 60-inch size, prices will fall to a low of $599 for an LCD and $529 for plasma. DealNews has provided a handy chart
showing the downward price trend in HDTVs and 3D HDTVs.
Gamers should not expect any discounts on the new Xbox One and PS4 consoles. However, there will be good discounts on previous consoles through holiday bundles. DealNews says there will be BOGO deals on next-generation game titles and 50% off deals on games for previous generation consoles.
Here are some highlights in other categories:
- If you are in the need of a streaming media player the Roku 3 is a great device. A 25% drop to $75 is predicted.
- Apple will offer free shipping and 5% to 10% off select items as usual. DealNews says resellers will offer bigger discounts during the Black Friday shopping period.
- 15-inch dual-core laptops will be available for $170 and 15-inch Haswell core i5 laptops for $399
- DealNews says the best tablet deals will come from Microsoft with the Microsoft Surface Pro going for $719. The iPad 4 16GB is predicted to sell for as low as $339.
- In clothing and footwear deals, DealNews sees the potential for bigger deals from shoe sites than last year.
- Popular toys will see their usual big discounts, with up to 50% off.
- DealNews says $0 to near $0 deals for smartphones will begin as early as two weeks before Black Friday. They also predict possible doorbuster deals on the iPhone 5c. This is likely as Best Buy and Walmart have already been dueling over low prices on Apple's lower-priced phone.
You can see the full predictions from DealNews here